Sunday, October 30, 2011

Angel bracelets

So I had ordered a number of silicone bracelets to pass out to my family to help us remember my baby lost.  They say "Mommy of an angel", "daddy of an angel" sister of an angel", you get the idea. These came in the mail yesterday, I immediately opened the box and put on my bracelet.  I gave my husband Terry his, I told him he didn't have to wear it if he didn't want to. (he is a rough and tough Marine, so I gave him a way out..ha ha)  He said no way I am wearing this.  He slipped the baby clue bracelet on his wrist.  Tears came to my  eyes, this small piece of plastic is important to him, he IS a daddy of an angel and he feels it too.


My next stop was to my 6 year old daughter, I gave her the "sister of an angel" bracelet.  She looked at it, slipped it on her wrist and cried...and cried...and cried.  She wanted so much to be a big sister.  We sit for a long time while she cries and I hold her.   We listen to our baby's song.


 I have found comfort in the song "somewhere over the rainbow", I have decided that is where my baby is.  Over the rainbow where she can be happy and healthy and have no worries.  One day the rest of us will get there too.  It brings me a sense of peace to think of my baby being "somewhere" rather than just gone.  I will always hold this baby in my heart even if others forget, I never will.


Someday, I too will live "somewhere over the rainbow" and I hope my baby will be waiting for me on the other side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment